phone: 0512-******** or 137123456
add: suzhou sip, jiangsu, china
objective: general manager or equivalent position in china.
summary of qualifications:
- excellent personality with strong leadership.
- strong communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- highly motivated and result-oriented professional with expertise in lean manufacturing operations.
- strong skills in implementing goals, driving activities and solving problems.
- proficient both in chinese and english.
datacolor technology (suzhou) co., ltd., suzhou, china. (2004 – 2006)
- developed and restructured the organization, setup manufacturing facility and used all resources effectively.
- managed and directed department of production, quality, engineering, purchasing, finance, hr and logistics.
- fully responsible for local operation and performance, developed and submitted plans and goals periodically.
- led a group of highly motivated managers to define and execute plans to meet goals within financial constrains.
- implemented company policies and guidelines, advocated good spirit and team work.
- developed cost effective and highly qualified local suppliers and achieved net 45% cogs against original us costs.
- cooperated headquarter to smoothly transfer products and technology from us to china.
- successfully launched transferred products in suzhou, exceed requirements in speed, quality and cost.
- maintained high standard quality requirements for products, led and drove the implementation of iso9001 system.
- conducted management review periodically and generated action plans in all levels to secure more effective operations.
- drove the continuous improvement of production efficiency and cost reduction projects.
- developed annual budget plans and successfully managed headcounts and expenses under the budget.
- built up effective logistics team to minimize inventory, managed warehouse and supported business growth inside epz.
- maintained good relationship with local sip and epz officers.
- achieved sales in five million us dollars, turned loss to net profit in fy2005.
jacobs chuck manufacturing company, clemson, south carolina, usa. (1995-2004)
- involved in kaizen projects to make continuous improvement.
- implemented in reduction in cycle time, direct labor, scraps, and improvement of quality by using lean
- developed engineering documents and work instructions.
- designed and developed tooling, fixtures, machine specifications, rebuilt and purchased new equipment.
- hands-on machine troubleshooting to reduce machine downtime.
- performed root cause analysis and statistical tools (6 sigma and cpk) to improve and implement solutions to complex manufacturing and tooling processes.
- involved in new product development by using qfd design principles and concurrent engineering team to quickly launch new product from concept through production.
- involved in planning and start-up of eight million dollar investment of jacobs-suzhou in china.
- as a team leader to coordinate and lead cross functional teams both in u.s. and china to transfer products and technologies from u.s. facility to suzhou facility.
- implemented the initial production line design and operation start-up at jacobs-suzhou facility.
- provided training to suzhou employees including lean manufacturing, assembly process, work instruction, quality inspection, quality control and iso9000 system.
- supported and coordinated the construction project of jacobs-suzhou facility.
- assisted in localization for components, cutting tools, and spare machine parts.
- facilitated good communications between u.s. and china groups.
engineering manager at jacobs-suzhou facility
- managed and directed engineering department and maintenance team.
- oversaw operation efficiency and product quality, drove for process improvement and troubleshooting to maintain high standard quality and productivity.
- led team members to resolve quality issues in related to product design, function, and manufacturing
process on daily operations.
- managed and supported in outsourcing and component localization projects.
- supported service department in related to product function, quality and performance.
- drove for product redesign and making more competitive products for chinese market.
- set up time line and successfully launched production for transferred products within deadline.
- met with customers, vendors, and government officials to develop successful china operations.
- developed departmental budgets for capitalized equipment and other expenses.
resident expatriate at jacobs-suzhou facility
- assisted gm in defining business plans and objectives, led team to take actions and execute plans.
- developed plans and drove for actions in continuous improvement of operational performance and cost reduction projects.
- monitored and supported existing operations to meet targets in quality, quantity, cost and delivery.
- drove lean manufacturing initiatives throughout manufacturing areas.
- implemented and maintained manufacturing quality systems.
- directed for new product development, sampling, testing and pilot running.
- led cross functional team to launch new products and met goals in quality, cost, productivity and capacity.
- supported and managed in localization projects and worked with suppliers to resolve technical issues.
- coordinated and supported in marketing, sales, human resource, logistics and recruiting efforts.
- managed in maintaining good relationship with customers, suppliers and local officers.
techstyle inc., piedmont, south carolina, usa. (1993-1995)
- analyzed data to create and develop specifications and design concepts.
- applied computer aided design and drafting skills to design new products.
- performed kinematics and dynamics analysis as well as finite element analysis.
- made detailed and layout drawings, documented design records and bill of materials.
- worked with other engineers as a team to build prototypes.
- assembled and tested prototypes, made design alternation if necessary.
- modified and upgraded existing products for better performance.
shangrao automotive company, jiangxi, china (1990-1992)
- hands-on machine operation and general practice.
- designed and developed tooling and fixtures.
- made detailed and assembly drawings.
- documented design records and created bill of materials.
- worked with other engineers as a team to build fixtures.
- assembled and tested fixtures, made design alternation if necessary.
- modified existing tooling and fixtures.
- master of science, mechanical engineering (may, 1995) - clemson university, clemson, sc, usa.
- bachelor of science, mechanical engineering (july, 1990) - jiangxi polytechnic university, p.r.china.
- extensive lean manufacturing training by mr. nakao, shiqijishu consulting firm (december, 1995)
- extensive lean manufacturing training by mr. nakao, shiqijishu consulting firm (september, 1996)